This dish is best prepared a day before serving.
Preheat oven at 325 °F
- Wash, dry and slice eggplant
- Place slices on a baking sheet
- Drizzle with organic culinary Argan oil (we love Victoria Akkari Argan Oil)
- Roast for 20-30 minutes, turning slices over in order to roast both sides until only medium soft (you want to keep some texture, as this dish with need to be refrigerated over night to really absorb the flavors)
Let the eggplant cool 10 minutes, gently place eggplant in dish, layer in capers, fresh basil leaves, and a tiny pinch of oregano sea salt between each layer.
To make the marinade, whisk the following together and drizzle over eggplant.
- 1/3 cup of culinary Argan oil
- 2 Tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
Refrigerate overnight and serve at room temperature with goat cheese and sliced French baguette.